Luc Gagnon D.O.
a recognized professional
A graduate of the Académie Sutherland d’Ostéopathie du Québec, Luc Gagnon also holds certificates in shiatsu from the Institut Kiné-Concept and in somatotherapy from the École d’études supérieures en somatothérapie. He has also taken courses in human dissection at the Université de Trois-Rivières. He is a member of the Canadian Society for the Tradition of Osteopathy and of the Association québécoise des ostéopathes. Between 1995 and 1998, Luc Gagnon taught masso-kinesitherapy. Since then, he has taught techniques related to articular pumping, superficial vein drains, vascular gymnastics, fascial normalization of the thoracic diaphragm, and the osteopathic treatment of lymphatic ganglion chains. Luc has also worked at the International Junior Tennis Open in Repentigny as a massotherapist and in the same capacity with the Montréal Impact Soccer Club. He has been in private practice since 1996 and has practiced osteopathy exclusively since 2007.
Thorough training: outstanding competence
Prior to practicing osteopathy, Luc Gagnon underwent a six-year training program that emphasizes anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, semiology, neurology, manual therapy, fascial normalization, circulatory gymnastics, myo-fascial stretching, longitudinal osteo articular decoaptation, and soft-tissue related techniques. This demanding curriculum trains osteopaths in diagnosing the troubles that afflict the human body. Like many of his colleagues, Luc Gagnon relies on continuing education programs in order to remain at the leading edge of his profession. He shares his knowledge with future osteopaths as a teacher at the Académie Sutherland d’Ostéopathie du Québec. Among the programs he attends or has attended, the following are especially worthy of mention:
- Bi-annual training sessions (since 2013) given by the EVOST institute in Maaseik, Belgium. The program deals with the evolution of the philosophical aspects associated with the knowledge and the practice of osteopathy.
- Training in osteopathy in the following disciplines :
Osteopathy (6 years)
- Fascia therapy
- Cranial therapy
- Myofascial stretching
- Specific respiratory gymnastics
- Vascular gymnastics
- Osteopathic treatment of lymphatic ganglion chains
- Continuing education:
- Human anatomy: Université de Trois-Rivières
- The art and science of abdominal palpation – Max Girardin D.O
- The importance patient contact: choosing and using treatment approaches in suited to different patients and different anatomical areas – Clive Standen D.O